Tuesday, April 19, 2011

if all else fails...

be still my heart. those lips. 
j
justin and i love this porch swing and now ava loves it too. whenever we out there with people its usually the first two seats taken. everyone loves a good swing on a porch. i love the look she has when she is staring intensely at something. she loves watching the boats. we have started walking to the end of dock to wave at them as they pass by and her excitement is contagious. i find myself getting all excited about the boats only because i know how much she loves watching them.


* my heart is very heavy today. a friend of ours from church passed away this morning from cancer. she was such a huge encouragement to me when i was sick. even though we barely spent time face to face.  the words in her emails we exchanged displayed such wisdom and grace. please pray for her dear family.

* mom update. thank you for those of you have asked about how she is doing. she has surgery set for this coming monday in bellingham, wa. they will remove the enlarged thyroid with three noduals (masses). praying that the report finds them all benign with an uncomplicated recovery. 

11 comments:

  1. Ava is just tooo precious!!

    The passing of your friend is in my heart. I am so sorry.

    I know an amazing ENT surgeon in Bellingham. . .I hope it goes well! Maybe he is her surgeon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty little baby you have!! I love that you get excited for the boats too. :) I find myself getting giddy over things my girls love too.
    Sorry for the loss of your friend. Her family, and you mother will be in our prayers.
    Blessings, Libby.

    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry. I remember when I had cancer. My daughter's boyfriend's Dad lost his battle with cancer. I felt so terrible.
    Your sweet baby is getting some hair. Love her expressions.
    Prayers for your mother as well.
    (((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girl is gorgeous...makes you want to snuggle her right up!

    I am sorry to hear about your friend. The family and yours will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Libby, my cousin went through the same surgery your mom is having. She is a young mom like you. Everything went well and she responded well to treatment and received a clean bill of health. I tell you this so you hear of someone who has beat this. Blessings to you and your family. Ava is absolutely darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ava is beautiful!

    Sending prayers to your friend and her family. So sorry for your loss, and theirs.

    And extra special prayers that all goes well with your mom. As much as you hated to go through what you did, you probably felt like you had some control. when it's someone else - like your mom - you feel so helpless. God is good and will take care of her, just as he did you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love you ava...wish i could play at your house on the swing and wave at boats too...luv, drake

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures! Ava is so pretty!

    I just found your blog today and I would love for you to check out mine and follow back! :)

    bmaryandblessed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, but I love the photos of your beautiful, sweet Ava. She's beyond precious!!

    I, too, lost a dear friend to breast cancer 9 weeks ago today ... we were diagnosed 3 weeks apart. She went to my church, was my son's pre-k teacher this year & we had become such close friends. She was so encouraging to me & such an inspiration to me during my chemo, surgeries, and all that went with it. It is so hard, and I think I understand what you must be feeling.

    Please know that we are still praying for you daily & praising God for your healing. Laura R.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ava,
    You are such a beautiful girl...see you soon. I love you.
    Pop Pop

    ReplyDelete

i read every comment. so please leave one. i love it.