Friday, April 22, 2011

good friday.

its been a long week. a hard week. glimpses of joy throughout. but mostly emotionally exhausting. i thought today in the midst of it all. all that is going on here that being sick was easier than this. there were no expectations except for going to the doctor and getting my chemo. honestly that was it. not really but you know what i mean. but real life is hard. its full of pain and tragedy. a friend dying of cancer and a thirteen year old girl dying shortly after being hit by car. more to come tomorrow. but for now i am too tired. i have nothing else to give. in the midst of this day. a day surrounded by high school and middle school girls and lots and lots of tears. i found comfort in knowing that my Jesus knew pain deeper than anything i will ever experience. he bore it all on the cross. all of it. so that i might live.

these words have been on repeat in my head...you are my strength when i am weak. you are the treasure that i seek. you are my all in all. thankfully i do not have to be strong all the time. because i am not that strong and i am beginning to realize that more and more.

in three days He rose.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you. My heart is breaking for one of the girls I work with tonight and I feel like I don't know the words to say anymore but I can continue to pray, "you are my strength when i am weak, you are the treasure that i seek, you are my all in all." amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is hurting for those you are close with who are hurting. Thanks for the reminder that our Savior bore the ultimate pain and suffering for us, what an amazing love and amazing grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think sometimes other's pain is harder to bare than our own. It is so hard to watch others hurt and not know how to comfort them. It is also hard to not understand why pain exists and why it touches those it does.

    But He did rise. So that we could live. And all the pain lead others to Him. It's His story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Psalm touched me and I thought it was meant to be sent to you. Know that I'm praying for you in this time of pain.

    “I cry aloud to the Lord; I lift up my voice to the Lord for mercy.
    I pour out my complaint before him; before him I tell my trouble.
    When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way…
    Set me free from my prison, that I may praise your name.” ~ Psalm 142.2-3, 7

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you Libby as you walk that very difficult road with those young ones. So thankful they have you to walk through it with them, and yet I can imagine the emotional toll it is taking on you. Praying for strength, conviction in the Lord's goodness, and for comfort for all of you. So thankful you are well enough to be with them during this time. I know that is not a coincidence. Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete

i read every comment. so please leave one. i love it.