Thursday, November 18, 2010

things are good.

things are good right now. thanks for all the birthday emails, texts, phone calls, flowers, gifts, and cards. i feel so loved. the nausea from chemo has subsided. the exhaustion has not. one of my roommates from college is here. britt. she is great. she loves to clean. so right now my house is beginning to smell like bleach. in a good way. when she planned her visit we thought i had chemo today so she was coming to help with ava and whatever else we needed. but my schedule changed. so instead we actually get to hang out, shop, run errands, and hang with ava. i really do not have much to say today. just kinda felt like i should blog.

justin has done a good job maintaining my birthday week.  we saw a movie on tuesday night. which was only $10 total. we had no idea. our movie theater offers that special every tuesday. so we will do that every tuesday we possibly can. we love movies. and tonight britt is watching ava and we are going out for dinner. he is going to rockbridge this weekend. a young life camp. its the best weekend. my heart aches not being there with high school girls. next year i guess.

we all went out for breakfast this morning and we were talking briefly about cancer. what we are learning. and how we are doing. justin said sometimes when tough things happen its quick to be like...how is God not in this? where is he? why would he allow this? normal questions. and questions that are okay to ask i think. but we so beyond thankful. like not sure how to express how thankful that we see God more now in our lives and around us than we ever have in our entire lives. my friend and i were talking yesterday about the whole idea of beauty for ashes in Isaiah 61. and through her own story of pain and through my own story of cancer. we get it now. that in the darkness. in the ashes. were its lonely and hard there is a promise from the Lord. that from all of that...he will bring beauty. and joy. and we are living that promise. we would never for a second wish this never happened. cancer i mean. i still hate chemo and hate throwing up and hate being tired. but i see the beauty of Christ in the horrible disease of cancer. and i am thankful for that. not everyone gets to see life how we see it now. and it really is a special gift. so that is where my peace comes from.

well i guess i do have something to say this morning.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your love of Jesus through this hard time. It's very humbling!

    I am praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post. i liked it. miss you. glad britt is there and you are feeling ok. call when you can.
    love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad that you are enjoying time with britt...and that you and justin have had some time to be together, just the 2 of you this week...i praise God that through the ashes you are learning more about Him...give ava hugs & kisses from us all...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post Libby. I certainly wish I could be there with you and Britt. Hopefully after the baby gets here I'll be able to make a trip to visit you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beautiful, Libby. Thank you so much for sharing that with us. I don't have cancer, but I can completely relate to being grateful for sickness. I have gastroparesis, which means that my stomach muscles don't pass food along like they should, so I get sick a lot. "Normal" for me generally involves some level of nausea, on the good days. On the bad days, I'm throwing up and am in so much pain that I can't function. There's no cure, and I've exhausted all medication options. The next step for me is a feeding tube (hopefully it won't come to that). I can't eat much, and I'm on a really strict diet, but I'm getting used to that. Miraculously, God provided a friend who has the same illness, and while discussing it, we both realized that no matter how much we hate it, we're grateful. We have no regrets. God has made Himself more present and real to us by taking us down this path. It's been difficult, but God is SO faithful. I'm actually getting tearful while writing this, just from thinking about how amazing He's been through all of this. I'm in faith for healing, for you and me. Thank you so much for your example. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Libby, Your blog is always a blessing to me. Glad you are having a good Birthday "Week".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rockbridge was one of my favorite parts of high school! Such an amazing place. And you're right, not everyone sees life the way you are able to-- you are teaching me not to take it for granted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We will certainly miss you at camp love...but us girls are gonna do our best to win the football game for you ;D Haha go Team Libby! Whoot! Whoot!
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your devotion to Christ and the truth is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

i read every comment. so please leave one. i love it.