Tuesday, October 12, 2010

20,000

i went to the doctor today. and it was good news. so i guess last week they gave me a slight overdose in my injections because my wbc count is now over 20,000. remember it used to be 320. they did not really overdose me...my dr just had no idea that my body would respond like that after three injections. so i did not need a shot today and i will get my fourth chemo treatment this thursday. it was a good visit today at virginia oncology. for me it was good, but justin seemed a little off and when we got in the car he expressed how much he hated cancer and how hard this is. its just interesting to see how we both handle cancer. we handle grief differently. and we may not always have the same "good days" and "bad days." but we are trying to stay connected. and maintain some sort of healthy balance in the midst of it all. but its hard. i am good. real good. its so nice to feel like myself and today i do not even feel sick at all. we will see how long this lasts.

my dad is coming in tomorrow night. it will be nice to be with both my parents. they are going to come visit us at chemo on thursday. that might be sad. just because chemo is sad. justin is flying to ky this weekend for the golf outing. i am so glad he will be there. i wish i could go. he will finally get a break from all this. for three days he wont have to take care of me. take care of ava. or go to work. i hope its a gift for him. i am sure it will be. the sweet state of ky is the home to many of the most important people in our lives. i miss ky. thanks for supporting us with the golf outing. i am looking forward to hearing all about it. we feel loved. so very loved.

little ava is growing up. she is learning how to wave. and today she said "ball." oma gave her this ball and she loves it! she is eating normal food now and its like a new world for her. she seems to like everything we put in front of her. wow she sure is so precious. 

15 comments:

  1. my dear niece ava...i am waving to you right now:) ...let's skype soon so i can see your wave...have fun playing with your new ball!! give your mommy a hug & kiss from me...xoxo aunt becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! i am so happy for you :) i bet hearing that today made you grin like you couldnt believe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news to hear about your numbers! I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better, but I will say a prayer for you and your family. I hope you stay feeling well for much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! Way to go girl! Sounds like you are doing great! I'll be praying Thursday and hope that all goes well. I do not live close enough to attend the golf outing but I hope it is a success. Although we desperately need rain - maybe it will hold off until the event is over!
    Keeping you in my prayers in Ky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome news about your numbers and I am SO glad you are feeling well today! I know the good days are there to ease the bad ones. Thinking and praying for you all and I hope the golf tournament is a huge success! Love, The Templetons

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear you'll be able to get one more treatment behind you! I pray for you often... esp. when I feel tired and overwhelmed in caring for my little girl. They grow up so fast don't they? Enjoy the time with your parents! Much love,
    Jessica Rockey

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh ava waving...how i can't wait to see her again so she can wave to me :) i'm so glad you're feeling like yourself today. i love the Lord and how He does certain things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't know me, my husband and I and our two little ones live in Charlotte NC. I found your blog through someone in my local mommy community.Your location immediately caught my attention, as we moved to Charlotte from Portsmouth but we lived all over the Norfolk, Va Beach area. Cancer invades not only every part of your body, your life, you thoughts but every prayer. My brother was diagnosed with stage 3 testicular cancer and when he went for his follow up - every CT scan was clear, his bloodwork looked fantastic and he is whole. My brother turned from God years ago yet we pray daily for him. My son, who just turned 2, prays for Uncle Phil's boo boos. You are beautiful and God's timing is never late. I read once that God allows us to go through valleys in our lives so we cling to Him. I truly believe it. Cling to Him, Libby... He will never let you go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Libby,
    Here is the poem about "in the valleys I grow". Sending prayers every day, every hour, every time I look at my bracelet.

    Sometimes life seems hard to bear,
    Full of sorrow,trouble and woe
    It's then I have to remember
    That it's in the valleys I grow.
    If I always stayed on the mountain top
    And never experienced pain,
    I would never appreciate God's love
    And would be living in vain.

    I have so much to learn
    And my growth is very slow,
    Sometimes I need the mountain tops,
    But it's in the valleys I grow.

    I do not always understand
    Why things happen as they do,
    But I am very sure of one thing.
    My Lord will see me through.

    My little valleys are nothing
    When I picture Christ on the cross
    He went through the valley of death;
    His victory was satan's loss.

    Forgive me Lord for complaining
    When I'm feeling so very low.
    Just give me a gentle reminder
    That it's in the valleys I grow.

    Continue to strenthen me ,Lord
    And use my life each day
    To share Your love with others
    And help them find their way.

    Thank You for the valleys,Lord
    For this one thing I know
    The mountain tops are glorious
    But it's in the valleys I grow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog yesterday thru a friend of a friend of a friend. I cried when I read it start to current. I admire your courage to put all your trials on here for us to share with you. All I could think about last night as I laid to go to sleep was you. I don't pray often, but last night I prayed for you. Lots of love, Libby. I hope you have more good days like today. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know how I found your blog exactly, but I read it every day as soon as I get home from work. I also pray for you daily - especially on the stairstepper at the gym. I don't know why i started that, but I do it almost every day. I am a 6 and a half (yes, I am proud of the half too) survivor of breast cancer. And as a mother of three children, I want you to know that you and your sweet family are in my thoughts and prayers. We have a friend who battled your type of cancer 2 years ago and we are thrilled that he is cancer-free and doing amazingly well. You would never know he had ever been sick a day in his life!!! It was a hard road and it wasn't easy, but he made it and you will too! Hang on to your faith in God and the prayers of those who care about you! Enjoy your baby on the good days, and let others help on the "not so good" days. And thanks for the regular post so we can all check on you during your journey!
    Love,
    debbie - a friend in GA

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm praying for you today, Libby! I think about you all the time and continue to pray for good days for you, Justin, and little Ava. What a little sweetie! :)
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. praying as you receive chemo today.and picturing sweet Ava thinking of the new yummy world that has opened up to her. move over mum-mums, pureed apples & chicken...hello 3 Amigos ;)

    ReplyDelete

i read every comment. so please leave one. i love it.